Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Sahara Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers/clients or the public.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- File and maintain records.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Supervision of Office Assistants in respect of janitorial services whilst maintaining the lobby or reception area.
- Keep a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability.
- Schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
- Taking messages and relaying them to the relevant department/companies.
- Administration of meeting rooms
- Adhoc duties as advised.
Minimum Qualification / Experience:
- First Degree from a reputable University
- Minimum of 1- 2 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) in a similar role within a corporate Organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Ability to handle high volume switchboard /telephone/ reception duties.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Customer friendly attitude,
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Creativity and Efficiency
- Good coordinating/ organizational skills.
- All Staff
- Clients and Vendors.
Job Title: Payroll Supervisor
- Ensure that all payroll related inputs required for the monthly payroll process are received before 15th of the month.
- Review all payroll related inputs into the payroll system and check for accuracy
- To reconcile current month payroll with previous month and explain the variances
- Run the payroll software
- Review cost center changes, all deductions and check for accuracy of Payroll
- Print out schedules of statutory deductions i.e. PAYE, NSITF, and Pension etc.
- Print out all payroll schedules i.e. Payroll Analysis, Bank Mandate & Payment Summary on GAPS
- To ensure high confidentiality on employees’ pay, package and position
- Monthly upload of staff salary cost & Transfer to Journal on Oracle payroll
- Provide adhoc reports on staff salary costs to the relevant units within finance
- Compute all end of services entitlements or indebtedness
- Ensure resigned staff are not included in payroll
- Advise Finance Mangers of monthly and Quarterly Reimbursable net position
- Coordinate the administration of Pension, Taxes, NSITF, ITF, and Group Life Insurance.
- Assist in the preparation of HR annual budget
- Review salaries journal vouchers raised manually to determine their accuracy and to ensure they impact the correct general ledger accounts.
- Monitors the amortization and accruals of all reimbursable and salaries related payments.
- Coordinate the processing, remittance and reconciliation of all payroll related statutory liabilities (PAYE, NSITF, NHF, Group Life) to ensure compliance with all payroll related tax laws and regulations.
- Administration of statutory audit (concerning PAYE, NSITF, NHF) process and respond promptly to payroll related queries raised by the tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Filing of tax returns in compliance with the deadline of the statutory authorities.
- Prepare PAYE audit support data for external auditor’s use.
- Implement all new Payroll related Law and Amendment within Nigeria and other African countries where
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- A University Degree (or its equivalent) in Accounting or related fields
- Minimum of 3- 5 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) within the Reward & Remuneration department of a corporate organization, with at least 3 years in a similar role.
- Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA is an added advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the employee remuneration such as PAYE guidelines, Pension, etc is necessary.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Apt for figures
- Must be good with reconciliations.
- Must be proficient in the use of Oracle payroll software package
- Must be good with Microsoft office suite (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PPT etc)
- Must be a quick self-starter
- A good communicator
- Must be flexible and ready to work long hours
- Must be hard working
- Must be a quick thinker
- Must have be assertive
- Must be Resilient
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must possess analytical skills
- Company/Function Head
- Group Legal
- Corporate Affairs
- Agencies/Contractors, External Auditors
- All staff
Job Title: Program Supervisor
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- To provide support to the Private Sector Advisory Group (PSAG) secretariat and manage expectations from cross sectoral partners.
- To provide regular updates on activities of the to Line Manager and ensure these activities are in line with the expectations of the Global PSAG
- Engage local communities to determine needs, develop strategies and initiate programs which would answer these needs, in connection with the company’s strategies and Business Plan.
- Ensure full understanding of PCSR strategies and work with implementing partners to coordinate the timely execution of sustainable Entrepreneurship programs
- Facilitate the process of impact assessment of programs on recipients
- Promote company-wide awareness of Sahara Group PCSR strategies and initiatives
- Day-to-day coordination of existing PCSR projects ensuring alignment with the SDGs.
- Monitor expenditure relating to the PCSR budget in accordance with financial regulations and processes.
- Initiate and coordinate Partnership Relations with business neighbors
- Provide business support to the Line Manager.
- Executive Director
- Company MD’s
- Unit Heads & Finance Managers
- Host Community Representative & Implementing Partners
- Contemporaries in other Private Sector Organizations
- First Degree from a reputable University.
- 4-5 years of cognate work experience with large organization, relating with people of diverse cultures and traditions
- Experience of implementing policies and strategies whilst encouraging change within an organization
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility Advisory
- Knowledge of the Corporate Social Responsibility agenda
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Investigative and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads
- Project management skills, including the ability to coordinate the work of others
- Candidate must be hardworking and dedicated
- Candidate must be highly analytical and creative
- Candidate must be resourceful with good interpersonal skills to relate with people across different social strata.
- Candidate must possess ability to adapt to different types of environment
Job Title: Oracle System Administrator/DBA Support
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Perform daily system maintenance on Oracle E-Business suite.
- Manage username, passwords, profile and responsibilities within Oracle ERP.
- Works with vendors, developers and technical support personnel to implement and support Programs or interfaces.
- Applying Oracle recommended patches to resolve application bugs and implement fixes.
- Performing system cloning of production environment to provide up to date test environment for testing.
- Migrating tested patches to production environment through the change process
- Identify, support and resolve user issues and work with the team to resolve these issues in the least possible time.
- Provide technical assistance to the Database administrator.
- Performing daily database health check and performance tuning.
- Provide technical support to the Technical reports developer.
- Reviews and debugs existing configurations and report’s findings as necessary.
- Ensuring high availability of oracle E-Business suite services.
- Work as an integral part of the “In-house Development and Support” technical team for nSahara.
- Support User Community with emphasis on functionality enhancements
- Must act as each modules System Administrator for the Group and ensure proper documentation is in place
- Oracle Team
- Group Finance department,
- Business functions,
- Project consultants
- All Staff
- B.sc in Computer Science from a reputable University (Minimum Second Class lower)
- Minimum of 3- 5 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) in a similar role within a corporate organization.
- Oracle certified Professional (OCP) will be an Added advantage
- Must have relevant experience involving Oracle ERP implementation and support.
- Good knowledge of Oracle 11g Grid Infrastructure implementation and support.
- Knowledge of Oracle warehouse builder and Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Good knowledge of Oracle forms and reports.
- Good Knowledge of PL/SQL and Unix/Linux Shell Scripting.
- Good knowledge of Oracle backup and disaster recovery concepts.
- Ability to perform Oracle database and system health checks
- Good knowledge of Oracle Workflow and approval management engine.
- Good Knowledge of Oracle technology development suite.
- Good knowledge of Java programming language.
- Candidate must have good technical understanding of Oracle ERP application and database.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with a proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively.
- Candidate must possess excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be committed to continuous career development and skill improvement initiatives.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org